Thursday, September 2

What to do with chicken... guest post!

It seems as though I'm always running into GREAT chicken deals at Target! I asked Audrey at Tight Wad in Utah to write up a guest post on what to do with these great chicken deals. If you don't know Audrey yet- she is definitely a blogger you will want to know. She's an expert at matching up sales items with delicious recipes!

What to do with Chicken Thighs

I'm Audrey with Tight Wad in Utah. I always end up getting chicken thighs for really cheap. Here are a couple of my favorite thigh recipes so when you stock up you'll know what to do with them all. :) To see more "what to do with...." recipes go here.

Crumb Coated Chicken Thighs


1/4 c dry bread crumbs
1 t salt
1 t ground cumin
1 t paprika
1 t chili powder
1 t curry powder
1/4 t pepper
8 chicken thighs, skin removed
throw all the dry ingredients into a plastic bag and shake
coat thighs a couple at a time
Bake at 400 on greased baking sheet for 15-20 minutes. Turning half way through.


This recipe is really amazing. I consider this one guest worthy. :)

Crockpot Chicken Thighs

This one has crazy ingredients but it is soooo good.


8 chicken thighs, skin removed
16 ounce salsa
1/2 c peanut butter
2 t ginger
2 T soy sauce
2 t lime juice
throw it all in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours
garnish with cilantro, scallions, and peanuts (I just did peanuts)
serve over rice

Thanks, Audrey! These all look fantastic!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Here's another idea. I got some free Marinade at Smiths last week. I used it to Marinade my chicken for a few hours and then threw it on the grill! It was fabulous!

Heather said...

Perfect! I especially like the FREE part! Thanks, Liz!