Friday, February 12

Recipe of the week: Chocolate Raspberry Cheescake- Guest Post


Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
** I thought you might like a decadent type recipe for Valentine's Day! (Something just a little more exciting than granola or wheat bread.) This too-die-for recipe is from my cute real-life sister, Lindsay!

Prep: 40 min Bake 65 min. + chilling Yield: 16 servings


1-1/2 cups oreo cookie crumbs

2 T butter, melted

4 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened

1-1/4 c sugar

1 c (8 oz) sour cream

1 t vanilla extract

3 eggs, lightly beaten

9 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped

1/2 c seedless raspberry preserves

Topping:

6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped

1/3 c heavy whipping cream

fresh raspberries and whipped cream, optional (but not really:)


Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.


In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Set aside 1-1/2 cups; pour remaining batter over crust.


In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir in preserves until blended. Stir in reserved batter just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the plain better (do not swirl). Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. hot water to larger pan.


Bake at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.


For topping, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with raspberries and whipped cream if desired.
Hi, I'm Lindsay. I've been married for almost 8 years to an awesome, funny man, and have 3 cute kids. I enjoy cooking, spending time with my family, and working out. I've recently discovered the joy of Mod Podge and I've been busily creating things ever since.
Heather and I are sisters (no family resemblance there, right:-) She asked me if I would post my cheesecake recipe for Valentine's weekend. It's so yummy, enjoy!

No comments: