Thursday, September 23

My first trip to CVS! and more...


This was my first ever coupon shopping trip at CVS! We don't have CVS stores in Utah, so I was extra excited. I spent $6.75 on the items above, but got back $8 in Extra Bucks Rewards to spend next time. I was able to use a $4/$20 coupon for being a new CVS cardholder. I expect to spend even less (or should I say 'make more'?) in the weeks to come! Get the details on the CVS deals this week.

If you're new to couponing, you may be surprised that I hit so many stores this week to pick up the deals. All I can say is, it's worth it!




Walgreen's stop: (Right across the street from CVS for me!) 40 cents. We're not huge gelatin fans, but I needed some for my daughter's special orange birthday cake. I just couldn't pass up FREE dental floss!
Walgreen's Deals for this week are here.


I'm really becoming a fan of Market Street's FREE mailer coupons and their marked down deals. I needed to spend $10 to get a FREE pound of hamburger. I used coupons to help me reach the $10 mark, plus I spotted these Lloyd's barbeque beef packages for only 99 cents each! They are normally $6.99 each and they were 4 days away from their 'Best By' date. What a deal! I bought all of these items at Market Street for $4.88. Not bad when you consider I can get 6 dinners out of these meat products!


Next up, Target! Oh, how I love Target. The
Sense & Spray were FREE with an overage of 96 cents each. Wonka bar= FREE with $1/1 RP 9/12 and $1/1 Target printable coupon (No longer available). Kraft Homestyle Mac & Cheese= FREE with Kraft First Taste coupon. Archer Farms Pizzas= Buy One Get One FREE with an awesome Target catalina coupon. The stickers I actually paid full price for, 99 cents- we were making cards for my daughter's birthday! Total for this trip was $2.56.


And, last, but not least: Lowe's! This is one of
my favorite coupon deals ever! I love it when Brita comes out with high value coupons. These pitchers were $3.00 each, including tax, for clean water for months to come! This saves big time when we don't have to buy water bottles, etc. We just filter our own water with these pitchers and refill washable water bottles. Nice!

Of course, these are not the only shopping trips we have to make to get all that our family needs. Most of these items are not things that we "need" right away, but they are going into our supply so we can draw on them later. You really can shop for pennies on the dollar to provide for your family!

How did your shopping go this week?

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Walmart had the Britas in Mckinney for $9 :) 2 dollars

Yesterday i went and got Xtra for .50 each:) CVS was all run out of Right Guard :(

Heather said...

That's awesome!

I must have checked the wrong Wal-mart, the Wal-mart I checked had Brita pitchers for $19!

Please share how you got the Xtra for 50 cents! Sweet!

Jenny said...

OH well once you get your card you go to the scanner and it will check and print all available coupons. That printed off $2 any 2 Xtra . Then i had $1 off next purchase.

Total was 1.08 or something like that.

Heather said...

Awesome- I got the $2/2 coupon as well. Love the rolling action at CVS. I'm going to do multiple transactions next time to save even more, I had to get a bigger transaction this time to use my $4/$20. Thanks for letting me know, Jenny!

Jenny said...

welcome to the DFW i cant wait to see more of your deals you find!

Heather said...

Thanks so much! Hey, I wondered if you checked another CVS for the Right Guard? There's almost a CVS on every corner here!