Tuesday, May 18

My $4 Smith's trip and some last minute Smith's ideas!

I really only paid $4.08 cents total for all these groceries! This was again thanks to... my 5-year-old son! He needed his eczema prescription refilled again, so I transferred his prescription to Smith's and used the $20 gift card offer from the pharmacy mailer. His prescription cost $7.50 and they loaded the $20 right onto my Smith's card. Wow!

I was also able to spot this coupon booklet at the Smith's pharmacy counter:



Inside are some awesome coupons! You may or may not be able to find this coupon booklet at your Smith's. They had them at the Smith's by WSU, but not at the Sunset pharmacy. I know because I had to hit both Smith's today to get my prescription! That's why this Smith's post is so last minute, I was waiting for that little tube of cream. They didn't have it shipped in time to the 36th St Smith's, so I HAD to go to the Sunset Smith's so I could get this $20 credit in time to use it on the last day of double coupons!

Anyhow, here are some highlights and maybe some ideas if you're headed out tonight for the last night of Smith's doublers!

From the pharmacy coupon booklet:

Kroger Carbmaster yogurt 6 oz. 3/$1.00
Use .50/4 coupon booklet
Final price: 33 cents for 4!

Colgate Total travel size toothpaste 80 cents
Use $1/1 coupon booklet
Final price: FREE + 20 cent overage!

Softsoap liquid soap 7.5 oz. $1.00
Use .35/1 coupon booklet
Final price: FREE!

(There were also Softsoap 7.5 oz. on clearance at the Sunset Smith's for 60 cents! I didn't dare push it, though. They probably would have given me the 40 cent overage on those.)

Other items from the travel section:

Schick Disposable Razors 2 pk. $1.99
Use $2/1 SS 4/11
Or use
$2/1 printable (Print twice)
Final price: FREE!

Crest Kid's Toothpaste & Toothbrush pk. 99 cents
Use .50/1 P&G 5/2
Final price: FREE!

And even more deals:

Challenge Butter 8 oz. tub $1.99
Use .55/1 eCoupon (Previously available- check your list to see if you still have it.)
Also use
.55/1 printable
Final price: 44 cents!

Anyhow, here's my receipt- it says I saved 97 percent!

I also got my Red Plum coupons before I headed out, but I didn't have time to check the deals with them! You can get 67 cent MET-Rx protein bars with the $2/2 RP 5/23, and 79 cent Country Crock with the .50/1 RP 5/23, but these are the other coupons I wanted to check. If you're headed out tonight, be sure to cut those out and take them with you! (We still have until midnight... right?)

.60/2 Knorr Rice and Pastas
.65/1 Promise Product
.25/1 Any Lever soap
.30/1 Q-tips cotton swabs 170 ct. or larger

7 comments:

Brianna said...

My mom says you can see everytime someone from Anchorage accesses your site...it is always me. I basically LIVE on your site. :)

Anyway, this is a very random question. What kind of cream does he use for his eczema? My husband uses halobetastol (?) but it is killer on his hands. It works, but makes his skin thin and therefore it hurts to wash them in hot water aka do dishes, he gets cuts easily, and his eczema flares up really fast if he doesn't put it on.

You can just email me back if you'd like :)

briannanye@gmail.com

Jen Nelson said...

Um, wow! You rock! I really need to go shopping with you!
I went to Smith's today but they were out of a lot of stuff. :(

I am pretty excited about my Flips I got for free! Yay!

Angie said...

Where did you get your Smiths pharmacy presription transfer coupon at? I need to transfer my presription this week.

Heather said...

Angelene,
I got the $20 coupon from a mailer that came in the middle of the week with the ad. This came a few weeks ago. I saved it because I knew that I would need to use it again soon. It had some other health coupons in it, like the Nature's Bounty coupon. I hope you still have it or can find it again!

Heather said...

Also, I'm not sure if you are transferring from Rite Aid, but they have a $25 gift card when you transfer an Rx to their store! I believe their ad has these coupons in them every week.

Candace said...

How does overage work with a coupon. Most places I've been just adjust the price of the coupon down, but does Smith's give you the overage to use toward your other purchases? Thanks!

Heather said...

Hi Candace,
Sometimes the overage works at Smith's and sometimes it doesn't. I used the $5/2 Mirra products coupon to buy the Mirra cleansing cloths and the coupon beeped, so they adjusted the coupon and I got them for FREE.
Yesterday, the Colgate toothpaste was 80 cents, but the $1 off coupon went through just fine, so I got a 20 cent overage on those. You just never know until you try!
The best way to guarantee overages is when there's and eCoupon through Cellfire, Shortcuts, or the Smith's eCoupons and it is paired with a regular paper or printed coupon. I always recommend adding ALL the eCoupons to your card and then printing a list so that you know what you have and can match it up to your paper coupons. These are a little bit of a 'secret' discount that automatically comes off with your Smith's card! When you get an overage, it goes towards your other purchases.