Saturday, April 24

Recipe of the week:White Chicken Chili


Mmmmm..... I love this recipe and found an excuse to make it again when the weather was cool again. It's a great combination of spicy and creamy. This is also a way to stretch out your protein budget, beans are a very inexpensive way to go!

White Chicken Chili
2 chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth (I use chicken bullion and water)
1 sliced onion (I use dehydrated onions)
1/2 t. garlic salt

Put these ingredients in stock pot (or use the crock pot if you're thinking ahead) and boil until chicken is able to be shredded. Take the chicken out, shred or cut and put back into the stock pot.

Now add:
4 cans white great northern beans (Or use your dried white beans, again you need to think ahead to do this!)
4-6 oz. jarred green salsa
1 can diced green chilies
12 oz. Sour Cream

Heat through. Serve with shredded cheese, additional sour cream and crushed tortilla chips, if desired. Enjoy!

Thanks to Emily C. for this recipe!

1 comment:

rice recipe said...

When I first opened your post, I thought it would be too - that my Mom used to make me eat when I had a cold... :-)
I will be back so often to check.